SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PIPP PROCESSING

Hi folks,

Hope you are able to heip me with this problem.

The final Tiff image has a large white circle around the edge when sharpened with pipp also if the unsharpened is used in post processing the same happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Hope someone can sort out this problem for me, thanks in advance.

Jupiter (20-3-19)P1560030_pipp-E.tif Jupiter (20-3-19)P1560030_pipp-E2.tif

Do not remember about PIPP sharpening....

I always used it just: To crop out target and center it in the frame. Sort Sub-frames by quality.

Later, used these sub-frames for stacking in Autostakkert or RegiStax. 
I always adjusted the sharpness in Registrax and finalised all adjustments in Photoshop. 
Had quite nice results. I am not a pro in this field, but would suggest to try this routine...

From your .tiffs, image looks completely "overcooked", not only around, but the Jupiter itself also.

Lower the amount of adjustments you do.

P.S.

If your cam and software allows, it is much better to image Cropped in advance (some software call it ROI - Region of Interest).

So you will end up with less dark space around the target, - it will increase FPS you can get and pre/post processing will be easier.

On 21/03/2019 at 15:58, RolandKol said:

I always used it just: To crop out target and center it in the frame. Sort Sub-frames by quality.

I always adjusted the sharpness in Registrax and finalised all adjustments in Photoshop. 
Had quite nice results. I am not a pro in this field, but would suggest to try this routine...

From your .tiffs, image looks completely "overcooked", not only around, but the Jupiter itself also.

P.S.

If your cam and software allows, it is much better to image Cropped in advance (some software call it ROI - Region of Interest).

So you will end up with less dark space around the target, - it will increase FPS you can get and pre/post processing will be easier.

On 21/03/2019 at 15:58, RolandKol said:

P.S.

Thanks for the reply. I do tend to "overcook" as you put it. Perhaps I'm trying too hard to sharpen poor images. I'm using a Lumix gx8 mft camera through a SW 80mm appo. and the video footage seems fine to me but I don't use Photoshop but ACDpro9 instead, maybe I should change over. Anyway' thanks a lot for your input  cheers

Archived