SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Barcelona

carballada

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, hectorbdn said:

Hello José, welcome to the sgl community, 

Enjoy your stay here and we will enjoy your wonderful  pictures ?

Greetings 

Héctor 

Hola Hector!!, al final estamos los mismos en los mismos sitios... lo que no los visitamos con la misma frecuencia, jajaja Thank you!!

12 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Hi Jose - amazing set up you have - I lived in Barcelona for a year back in the late 1980s - just about my favourite city -   Welcome to SGL!

Thank you, I live on other cities and this is my favorite!! maybe not for the retirement :D but close to here it will be...

10 hours ago, JRM said:

Hello and welcome to the lounge, very nice setup you have there.

Rick M

Thank you Rick

7 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

Welcome from Land Down Under

You travel the universe in this forum, and make friends on the way

John

Thank you John, I hope so and that's the main idea of all of that..

59 minutes ago, Joves said:

Wow Carballada, your setup is incredible and your images are amazing. Well done and welcome!

Thank you, I'll keep you updated about the config.. because I have upgrade plans.. like everyone (I think so :D)

Hi Carballade, your setup is impressive and your images are stunning!! ? Well done

I'm actually thinking of doing an astrophotography holiday this summer in Spain for 2 or 3 weeks. I'm living in Denmark and I have all this nice equipment, but quite bad weather and skies. I want to combine it with seeing some culture and relaxing at the costa off course, so the region of Barcelona has my interest. Do you have any tips on where to go (I'm thinking to have a holiday house where I can set up my equipment or just do nightly adventures) or do you know anybody / local astronomers group (maybe yourself even?) who may want to join for some imaging nights?

Adios! Jonathan

Hi Carballada,

We spoke on astrobin a couple of days ago about your pumpkin image.  Nice to see you on SGL.  What a lovely location you have and judging by your kit photo, no wonder your images are so good.

Carole 

On 22/03/2019 at 14:04, George Gearless said:

Welcome Carballada.

That setup is what dreams are made of. Very nice. 

(and very jealous too ?)

Thank you George, I am very jealous about other observatories that I saw here :D

On 22/03/2019 at 18:59, Dave Lloyd said:

Hi there, welcome. 

Thank you Dave.

6 hours ago, Obi Wan Ken00bi said:

Hi Carballade, your setup is impressive and your images are stunning!! ? Well done

I'm actually thinking of doing an astrophotography holiday this summer in Spain for 2 or 3 weeks. I'm living in Denmark and I have all this nice equipment, but quite bad weather and skies. I want to combine it with seeing some culture and relaxing at the costa off course, so the region of Barcelona has my interest. Do you have any tips on where to go (I'm thinking to have a holiday house where I can set up my equipment or just do nightly adventures) or do you know anybody / local astronomers group (maybe yourself even?) who may want to join for some imaging nights?

Adios! Jonathan

You know, the weather here is really great for our hobby, but it's difficult to find dark skies also, specially on the coast. 

spacer.png

My recommendation is to check this site (I am not involved with them)

https://www.turismoestelar.com/

there are a lot of nice houses and places with some equipment, but it's mainly outside Barcelona coast.

My observatory is on the dark area on the north of Lleida, I am not going to much but when you concrete plans to come here, just contact me and if we have a chance to come together there, maybe we could sync a visit.

5 hours ago, carastro said:

Hi Carballada,

We spoke on astrobin a couple of days ago about your pumpkin image.  Nice to see you on SGL.  What a lovely location you have and judging by your kit photo, no wonder your images are so good.

Carole 

Yes Carole, that's right, you like my last picture, thank you again for comment and thank you for your welcome also.

4 hours ago, swag72 said:

Hi and welcome to SGL from jutst down the road near Valencia :)

Hi Sara, thank you for your comment, I am a big fan of you, your pictures inspire me a lot. I know that you also enjoy the nice weather of this country :D and I am waiting a Mesu mount now :D 

On 23/03/2019 at 16:51, Obi Wan Ken00bi said:

Adios! Jonathan

Hello, don't mean to intrude but I could recommend some spots here for sightseeing and relax, like "costa brava" "cadaques" , Sitges etc etc is very nice there in summer ! :D 

greetings

Héctor

On 24/03/2019 at 00:36, Ruud said:

Welcome carballada

capture_001_28112018_040445.png.d14e6ff5d96bd6ae11a950f44b7643aa.png

I'm very impressed by your instrument!

Fortunately, we have all planned our next vacation in Ager.

Jajajaja, of course, not a problem! 

16 hours ago, hectorbdn said:

Hello, don't mean to intrude but I could recommend some spots here for sightseeing and relax, like "costa brava" "cadaques" , Sitges etc etc is very nice there in summer ! :D 

greetings

Héctor

Hi Héctor, a ver si participamos más por aquí, que parece que siempre estamos en lo local ?. Thank you for your welcome ? I hope to see you more here!!

6 hours ago, carballada said:

Jajajaja, of course, not a problem! 

Hi Héctor, a ver si participamos más por aquí, que parece que siempre estamos en lo local ?. Thank you for your welcome ? I hope to see you more here!!

I speak in English here so everyone can understand and by doing so I practice with my English aswell! ? hehe , I came here just like you looking for information but finally I decided to sign up, I do not participate a lot , not here or anywhere else ?but is nice to expand your horizon ! and everyone is real nice so I'm happy to be part of this community somehow, I uploaded my pictures and works here , not big deal but I do my best ?

nice to see you here too

c'ya! 

Hi! Thanks for all your tips! That website link is exactly what I was looking for. Great stuff. It’s difficult for me to dig these things up being English speaker (but once I’ve found the correct page I can google translate it off course). I’ll let you know once I have more concrete plans. Looking forward to the dark skies, good weather and sangria. 

Hola Jose, y bienvenidos! Hablo espanol pero no es perfecto... tu ingles es mucho mas mejor ?

That looks like quite the setup and those images are sensational. I hope to one day be able to display so clearly the beauties in our galaxy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2019 at 12:16, Startinez said:

Hola Jose, y bienvenidos! Hablo espanol pero no es perfecto... tu ingles es mucho mas mejor ?

That looks like quite the setup and those images are sensational. I hope to one day be able to display so clearly the beauties in our galaxy.

Thank you!!!, your Spanish is great!! 

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Hi welcome to SGL from Peter in Bedfordshire ?

Thank you Peter!!

Archived