Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

rgb price tag

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

What camera are you using? The reason I ask is that ZWO have a set of rgb filters that are matched to the performance of the 1600 chip, so if you have one of those, they might be worth the extra investment.

Asi178mm .yeah I have seen them.

Thanks

Think the altair lrgb are a clone of an optolong lrgb which are a clone of something else as they all have the same schott 2mm glass just different holders, optolong are just more expensive, so will probably get the AA RGB to match my AA narrowband types, would like to get a recommendation on these. ton

11 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

Altair Astro Premium 1.25" LRGB CCD Filter Set UV/IR Block & AR Coating.

Anyone tried these ?

People get along fine with the zwo premium asi1600 set. It's decent and will work with more than just the 1600. The next step up from that is really the baader or astronomic set. Not so sure about the optolong set or AA set. Best idea is to look at shots of the horse's head nebula shot with different filters on astrobin. Look for reflections on the brightest star. 

Have you manage to take a test image yet?

Hi, not sure on  specifics but if the glass and holder are the same spec thread depth etc, narrowband and lrgb should be exact or close to parfocal? I have my astronomic 12nm set which are parfocal but with 1mm glass thickness, but not totally sure when the glass is thicker 2mm 2.1mm zwo and 3mm type if  this the case? would need to test to be sure? Ton

On 19/03/2019 at 23:48, red dwalf said:

i use the astronomik LRGB type 2c ones, no problems, Baader good too i find.

Sorry to jump in on the thread,  I am also looking at filters (NB first and then RGB). It looks like Astronomik have 2 versions of their RGB filters, the ones you have being one. Do you know what the difference is. I have read up on them and still not really sure ? 

After reading up a bit it seems the Baader are good with the Astronomiks being similar if not a little better.

Archived