SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello Everyone

M4tt

Hello there,

I'm almost a complete newbie after recently getting interested in astronomy, and am currently reading a couple of books, making sure it's not something I'll loose interest in, before pulling the trigger on a telescope. Just wanted to say hi and I'm happy to be joining what seems a great community.

Matt

46 minutes ago, M4tt said:

Hello there,

I'm almost a complete newbie after recently getting interested in astronomy, and am currently reading a couple of books, making sure it's not something I'll loose interest in, before pulling the trigger on a telescope. Just wanted to say hi and I'm happy to be joining what seems a great community.

Matt

Welcome Matt, only advice I would give is just observe the night sky with your eyes, no need for equipment. I started by just looking up and becoming curious about patterns of the stars in the sky, learning about the constellations and that pulled me in. Still the best piece of kit I've ever bought was a 10x50 spotting scope (only have one eye hence why I didn't get 10x50 binos). The good thing is there is no rush, the heavens will still be there

Welcome to SGL Matt, The forums here a great luanching pad for beginners in astronomy...Best of Luck and Clear Skies ?

Freddie...

15 hours ago, M4tt said:

Hello there,

Matt

Here being a great community is nt an understatement... You just joined the best community. Welcome and have fun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived