Narrowband

Synscan Wifi can't connect via Windows 10 App.....

Me again.......  ?

Having just sung the praises of my Synscan Wifi adapter when being driven by my Samsung Galaxy Android tablet, I'm still having problems trying to use it via my Windows 10 PC notebook.

Using that, I'm able to control my EQ5 goto via a variety of wired methods, EQMode via a Hitec AstroEQ USB cable, and also using a "dumb" Synscan RJ45 cable to RS232 to USB cable.

However, when I try to connect my PC notebook to the Synscan Wifi adapter, I can connect to its wifi network, but I can't connect the SynscanPro PC app to my EQ5.

3 hours ago, Astro-Geek said:

Me again.......  ?

Having just sung the praises of my Synscan Wifi adapter when being driven by my Samsung Galaxy Android tablet, I'm still having problems trying to use it via my Windows 10 PC notebook.

Using that, I'm able to control my EQ5 goto via a variety of wired methods, EQMode via a Hitec AstroEQ USB cable, and also using a "dumb" Synscan RJ45 cable to RS232 to USB cable.

However, when I try to connect my PC notebook to the Synscan Wifi adapter, I can connect to its wifi network, but I can't connect the SynscanPro PC app to my EQ5.

Try disconnecting from your main WiFi signal. Sometimes that has out powered my mount WiFi signal. Usually it works without doing that, but was the iy way I got it working on one occasion. 

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I'm trying to use the Windows PC "SynscanPro" app, it installed ok but won't connect.

The Android "SynscanPro" app works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S Android Tablet, with the same mount, in the same room.

The Windows 10 notebook connects fine to the Synscan's wifi access point, no problem there, and it automatically drops the house router's network, because it can only link to one wifi network at a time.

The problem is quite specific (and relentless ! ?),  although the PC is happily connected to the Synscan adapter's wifi network, the PC version of the SynscanPro app won't connect to the EQ5 scope, (even though the Andoid software runs perfectly, with everything else being equal).

I even tried disabling the windows firewall, in case that was nobbling the app somehow, despite allowing the wifi connection....

2 hours ago, knobby said:

Did you check the connection type in settings  - connect settings - choose network, mine was on serial.

Yes, it was on Network...

I've attached a couple of screenshots, showing the connect settings and the wynscan wifi connected successfully.

I still haven't managed to get the windows SynscanPro app to connect though.

connect settings.jpg

network connection.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ronclarke said:

There is no internet involved? Just a Wifi signal?

When I'm running either the Android tablet or the PC notebook, I can choose to connect to either my home router for the Internet, or the Synscan wifi adapter to control the EQ5.

You can't connect to both, because they are "access points", each running their own wifi network.

I could configure the Synscan wifi to run in "station mode", which will then allow it to join my home wifi network, rather than running its own wifi network.

I haven't chosen to do that though, because I'd have to change the saved settings in the adapter if I ever wanted to use it away from home, (out of range of my home network).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronclarke said:

There is no internet involved? Just a Wifi signal?

If it's like my gti az mount, the mount creates its own WiFi network. My phone always shows my Internet as disconnected as soon as my phone recognises the Mount's signal and I connect to it. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...