SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Great Copernicus Inversion Gif!

Or at least my first ever gif and first ever astrophotography contest entry, taken with my old but trusty Celestron HD-150 Newtonian on GSO manual alt-az mount (my new one ? ) Saturday March 16th 2019 in the mid afternoon so it is a daylight shot with the moon waxing at about 78%.

Android LGL62VL Smartphone

8 Megapixel running Open Camera in burst mode with focus lock and exposure lock on and all other settings auto utilizing manual exposure compensation for exposure bracketing.

Exposure Time : 1/59

ISO : 50 

The editing was done in Snapseed and the invert was created and processed in Toolwiz Photos the two images were then coupled with Du Gif Maker. Open Camera, Snapseed, Toolwiz Photos and Du Gif Maker are all Android applications and are free.

A Meade smartphone adapter, Celestron 8x24 zoom eyepiece, 2x Meade short focus barlow and an infra red blocking filter rounded out the imaging train.

Thanks for Looking and Clear Skies Everyone ?

Freddie...

pic2gif_20190319_022445.gif

Below is the original image at full resolution, the reduction was from 3264x2448 to 640x480 pixels.

IMG_20190316_185407-01-01.thumb.jpeg.52cd1d41f23c352ae6150115a109debf.jpeg

Thank You Mick, Some region's of the moon look stunningly different when inverted and the Copernicus region is definitely one of those, the gif forum seems a good way to add emphasis to those differences I thought...

Freddie...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Olly, Interesting the absolution of opposites Isent it? 

Kind of startling in the visual sence when presented this way, I plan to create more and do some solar shots in addition. I wouldent be surprised if others picked this up too now that I have opened the can...More resolution is needed.

34 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Like that - what happens if you register the two images - are there still areas/lines that do not cancel out?

Not sure what you mean by register the images (novice here explanation needed) then I might be able to answer your question or not but I will give it a shot.

I did play a little and discovered there is only gray between the two images when aligned so transitionally it's very uninspiring.

Archived