Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

SamAndrew

California in Ha

Posted (edited)

Another Ha image from January/February. I didn't really have a plan when I started; collected about 7 hours of H S & O data for the central region, and then thought I'd experiment with the mosaic planner in SGP splitting the nebula in half, top and bottom, and captured another hour of Ha for each section (hence top and bottom edges are more noisy). I've stitched it all together with Astro Pixel Processor, which has blended it together nicely but seems to have warped the frames a bit so the stars haven't stacked very well in the centre resulting in what looks like a bit of trailing which isn't in the original data. Need to play with the settings some more or try a mosaic with already stacked frames. 

Will create a version with the S and O data at a later date.

• Integration ~4.6 hours
  • Subs 5 minutes @ Gain 300 with the ASI 1600mm @ -20C
  • Star 71, AZ-EQ5
  • Re sampled to 50%

NGC 1499 Ha PS RS.jpg

Edited by SamAndrew
  • Like 10

That has come together nicely. Look forward to seeing the triple version when you get around to it.

• Thanks 1

Very nice...

• Thanks 1

Well done Sam - top drawer.

Get the registration sorted, maybe a little contrast curve, and you have an image with great impact.

• Thanks 1

That's a lovely image. :)

I know when I took a shot at this a few months back having never looked at it before, I was surprised how large it is and only got a portion.  I must go back to it!

I look forward to your finished SHO or what ever order you chose. ? 

• Thanks 1

Very nicely indeed your Ha layer is shaping up Sam - I really like the framing resulting from your mosaic. Keep going with it! :)

• Thanks 1