SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

California in Ha

SamAndrew

Another Ha image from January/February. I didn't really have a plan when I started; collected about 7 hours of H S & O data for the central region, and then thought I'd experiment with the mosaic planner in SGP splitting the nebula in half, top and bottom, and captured another hour of Ha for each section (hence top and bottom edges are more noisy). I've stitched it all together with Astro Pixel Processor, which has blended it together nicely but seems to have warped the frames a bit so the stars haven't stacked very well in the centre resulting in what looks like a bit of trailing which isn't in the original data. Need to play with the settings some more or try a mosaic with already stacked frames. 

Will create a version with the S and O data at a later date.

• Integration ~4.6 hours
  • Subs 5 minutes @ Gain 300 with the ASI 1600mm @ -20C
  • Star 71, AZ-EQ5
  • Re sampled to 50%

NGC 1499 Ha PS RS.jpg

That's a lovely image. :)

I know when I took a shot at this a few months back having never looked at it before, I was surprised how large it is and only got a portion.  I must go back to it!

I look forward to your finished SHO or what ever order you chose. ? 

Archived