Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Eastman

Mare Humorum region

Posted (edited)

After, some serious rain period finally some clear skies. The Lunar illumination is now 82% en the terminator lays on the west side of Mare Humorum.

I am out with my SW heritage 130P with my 8-24mm zoom, this makes it a nice grab en go set. The first object that attracts my attention is Crater Aristarchus, nice deep shadow and contrasting bright crater wall. A little to the east flooded crater Prinz, only half of the craterwall is remaining after it flooded en there is a nice shadow coming from the crater wall. Little bit futher back to the east mountes Harbinger.

After that I moved to Mare Humorum, Gassendi and Gassendi A to begin with. The diamond ring crater. Three center peak boulders in Gassendi were easy visible. At the west side of Mare Humorum a giant wall Rupes Liebig, a realy nice object, I never noticed before. I followed it to the north, three more stunning crater Liebig G, F and just visible J. following the wall futher north with craters Mersenius D, E ans a very bright almost white C crater.

Mare Humorum brought me lots of new very nice objects, every time something new to discover on the surface of the Moon. It never bores.

Edited by Eastman
Its Gassendi not Cassendi
  • Like 8

Nice report. I set up for an expected break in the clouds tonight but none came!

• Thanks 1

Well someone enjoyed themselves,did`nt they, and some new objects to see, and a great report. Well done . Des 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paz said:

Nice report. I set up for an expected break in the clouds tonight but none came!

Thanks Paz, some better weather is coming our way, hopefully the UK Midlands get some too.

• Like 1

I enjoyed reading your report, you explored some nice features.
As you say there is always something new to see on the moon.

• Thanks 1