SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nema 17 pg27

fozzybear

Hi,

Has anyone attached a Nema 17 pg27 to a skywatcher 150pds dual speed Crayford, trying to find some bracket configurations for the focuser or attach direct to tube, Also any preference to attaching to single speed or 1:10 direct or via belt driven?

greatly appreciated

Andy

8 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

my focuser uses a nema 14 and a belt  i think it 87 teeth can check if you need to know 

nema 14.JPG

the bracket there did you fabric that yourself or did you find on the internet ie stl file I have a 3d printer but hopeless with the cad side of things. I did see 2 brackets on thingiverse but for a different focuser.

Regards

Andy

2 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

the bracket there did you fabric that yourself or did you find on the internet ie stl file I have a 3d printer but hopeless with the cad side of things. I did see 2 brackets on thingiverse but for a different focuser.

Regards

Andy

my focuser is a deepsky dad one, the bracket is one he printed to suit. 

2 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

my focuser is a deepsky dad one, the bracket is one he printed to suit. 

ok thanks quest continues? just out of curiosity which 2 screws did you have to change on the focuser?

focuser.jpg

11 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

ok thanks quest continues? just out of curiosity which 2 screws did you have to change on the focuser?

focuser.jpg

Remove the locking screw ,then you use those two outer centre  holes ,i'm sure you could bend a piece of metal into an s shape to give the off set you need , if you need measurement let me know  

Oh is that the same person who is(or has been)  , I believe, having legal action is taken against him for using Robert Brown's code to sell his focuser - although he now says he has rewritten it - hope so !.

Great adapters but has shown ,in the past, morally poor judgement by profiteering on "Free Software" IMHO.

4 hours ago, stash_old said:

Oh is that the same person who is(or has been)  , I believe, having legal action is taken against him for using Robert Brown's code to sell his focuser - although he now says he has rewritten it - hope so !.

Great adapters but has shown ,in the past, morally poor judgement by profiteering on "Free Software" IMHO.

? Me no! don't understand the reply?I am building my own focuser based on roberts design and am looking for an adapter to mount my motor to my 150pds

8 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

? Me no! don't understand the reply?I am building my own focuser based on roberts design and am looking for an adapter to mount my motor to my 150pds

Nope not you LOL that's how GNU/GPL etc its suppose to work - the man selling the adapters as shown by BottleTopBurly.

If you have access to a 3D printer, there are a number of brackets available on Thingiverse, which are all amenable to some re-working, e.g. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1260785, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2321044, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1407265, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843550, etc.

If you have  or access to a heavy duty vice you can use one of these and bend it into the required design - apply heat its even easier then. After that comes the holes which can be the existing ones in your Focuser to OTA but just a bit longer - worked on my old Std SW 200 Dob - but its was the std version and I did direct connection to eliminate problems known when using a belt.

Either way(belt or direct) still better than DIY human touch especially if you are doing it remote else you need long arms ?.

fence-bracket.jpg

Archived