Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun in H-alpha on 3/16/19

Buzzard75

First, I want to say thank you to @MalVeauX for his incredible images and tutorial he posted on YouTube.

I had a bit of trouble with the acquisition. Thin clouds kept rolling through which then in turn made processing in PIPP a pain. Eventually it just became impossible to image and then clouded up for the rest of the day. PIPP wouldn't center the disc due to the clouds and it kept bouncing all over the place. To make it easier on myself, I focused down to a couple hundred frames that didn't have any clouds in them or were minimal at worst. Following along with MalVeaux's tutorial was easy enough, but I'm using a color cam so some of my settings in SharpCap are a little different. I'm also using the Adobe CC version of PhotoShop on a Windows PC.

All in all though, I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out. I obviously have some work to do on the acquisition and processing of the data.

Captured using an ASI178MC with a 0.5x Focal Reducer in a Lunt LS80THa.

Final Image.jpg

Archived