Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Connect nikon to ekos

TheMan

I own a nikon d3300 and a nikon d5000. I wish to connect it to ekos but I can only find dead ends and heartache. I run Kstars with ekos on my windows 10 x64 bit computer. I run the Indi windows server but I do not know how to connect my camera to it. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Hi TheMan,

My experience is on Linux so I don't know how much of it applies. You have to make sure the camera is not seen as a storage device - so you may have to eject it. Then you would start the Indi server by going to the Tools -> Device Manager dialog and finding and selecting the Nikon DSLR driver under CCDs in the device list, then click the "Start Server" button (after selecting the "Local" mode radio button if your camera is directly connected to your PC). This will open a new dialog that should allow you to connect and dozens of other controls. If you click on connect and don't get any errors then you can go on to explore the options. If you do not find the Nikon DSLR in the list of devices the you will have to go back to check the Indi installation. 

Hope this helps and good luck!

8 minutes ago, TheMan said:

multiple errors

Clues as to what they are? Have you removed the sd card from the camera?

Make a new profile; just the camera. Will it connect now?

If not and there's nothing else here, maybe contact the coder?

Cheers and good luck.

34 minutes ago, beka said:

Tools -> Device Manager dialog and finding and selecting the Nikon DSLR driver under CCDs in the device list

The devices list is grayed out for some reason. Do you have this issue or is it a windows issue?

8 hours ago, TheMan said:

The devices list is grayed out for some reason. Do you have this issue or is it a windows issue?

No I don't have this issue. But the error message indicates a bug in the software which could be the cause of the problem. Did you install the latest version of Kstars? I am not really upto date with Wndows but maybe you can change the compatibility settings of Kstars and disable some features of the graphics adapter. Also checking the integrity of the Kstars download (hash values) might not be a bad idea.

Cheers

Archived