Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Optics OC1 - M focuser question

While I eagerly wait for a Cheshire to arrive next week so I can continue my collimating journey, I’ve been having a closer look at the focuser. I will definitely upgrade this as some point as it’s a little worse for wear (needs to hold a heavy denkmeier binoviewer, powerswitch, filter and eyepieces!). Can anyone tell me what the adjustments screws in the photo below are for?

DC37B7F9-47CD-41DE-A6E8-286E804F0FF0.jpeg

The ones arrowed in the top photo are actually bearings against which the drawtube rides as it moves in and out.

The two grub screws in the lower photo do adjust the tension of the movement. They bear against a teflon strip which presses the steel axle agains the flat section on the underside of the drawtube. The strip and the axle has to be kept level hence two grub screws.

The design is basically a copy of the Moonlite focusers but it does not work as effectively as a Moonlite unit from my experience.

Archived