Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun 16.03.19 Teaser!

Rusted

I had about 5 minutes of milky skies to check the sun. Nothing in WL but a very long & sharp filament was visible near the Eastern limb.
Approved by Gong-Ha as a rather fuzzy streak.

40mm Meade 4000s with William Optics 2x Barlow nose in TS binoviewers in  PST modded 6" f/8 +D-ERF provided a good view of the whole disk.
I'd gained so much path length with the 2x WO nose that I had to keep adding 2" extensions. I usually need a star diagonal but it was still early.
Nicely spread surface detail before it rapidly clouded over. Thanks to Peter for the Barlow nose tip. :thumbsup:

P1360829 rsz 800.JPG

Hi Peter,

I fiddled with the tiny grub screws and managed to make the Vixen smooth but stiff enough to stay in place.
Avoid the cheap, short, T2,  TS, helical focuser. It sags if a fly pitches on it! 
I get at least half an inch of sag on the H-a setup. And it's not an age thing.  :blush:

Archived