SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

phd2 cables/images

Hi guys and girls

My qhy5l ii connects to phd2 but I dont see any image or able to click the  cam controls next to brain as it's still grey in colour. If I start up ezplanet the camera works fine and I have a display on computer. st4 cable use or dont the phd2 tutorial says burn it but in vid it's still connected to his cam?

Why should you use additional cable if USB is enough?

plus, pulse guiding is actually a bit more reliable if guided via EQMOD,

as per PHD2 and qhy connection problem, - usually it is driver related, check if you have all. if it not helps, try upgrade PHD2 to the latest dev beta, 

my ASImini was also not recognized by default release version.

On 16/03/2019 at 01:57, Fieldsy said:

cam controls next to brain as it's still grey in colour

Hi. It's grey because you don't need it. All camera related settings such as exposure and gain are available in the camera tab in the brain.

The greyed out controls are for basic webcams which do not have dedicated drivers.

HTH.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:39, Fieldsy said:

Yes it says its connected but i done see anything in the display screen and I cant click the camera control to adjust settings.

Any success ?

If not, check the camera is connected properly , increase the gain to 21%  if you u r using Ascom QHY Driver. Do not to use qhy 5 cmos camera, its named as CMOS QHY5LII Camera ( previous Ascom )

QHYCCD-Cameras-Guide  is in the latest Ascom upadate .

Press the Loop button as Higgins wrote aboove, exposure time to 1,0 s. After Looping, select a star  manually or auto star selection fromt the dropdown list . Then the PHD (caliberation) button  will light up.

Click PHD button , Screen will show an yellow cross hair on the selected star. West step progression will appear  down on the left bottom side.

gd lk

Rush

1 hour ago, Rush said:

Any success ?

If not, check the camera is connected properly , increase the gain to 21%  if you u r using Ascom QHY Driver. Do not to use qhy 5 cmos camera, its named as CMOS QHY5LII Camera ( previous Ascom )

QHYCCD-Cameras-Guide  is in the latest Ascom upadate .

Press the Loop button as Higgins wrote aboove, exposure time to 1,0 s. After Looping, select a star  manually or auto star selection fromt the dropdown list . Then the PHD (caliberation) button  will light up.

Click PHD button , Screen will show an yellow cross hair on the selected star. West step progression will appear  down on the left bottom side.

gd lk

Rush

Hi rush

It seem to work if I select qhy camera if I choose one of the qhy/guide/capture the cam isn't detected but with clouds fir the past 10 days struggling to actually test it.but I'm looking at apt now it looks a little better ,but with out car nights I cant really check any of them ? .

Archived