Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion's Belt Experimental 2-Pane Mosaic

eshy76

Hi everyone,

A bit of an odd one aspect ratio wise, but fun to put together - first light for my new ASI294MC OSC and technically my first experimental attempt at a mosaic!

My first stab at using the camera meant I went for 30 second subs, I need to experiment more to settle on my ideal sub length...still, the results are decent for a low integration time of 1.7 hours.

I love the Orion constellation and if I had the skies and time, I would mosaic the whole thing, but failing that, I can do bits and pieces! Orion's Belt is amazing to me, the three stars, Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka, very distinctive in the night sky.

Full details on Astrobin.

Thanks for looking!

Orion's Belt February 2019 (Resolution Bump) - 2-1200x409.png

That is really nice and taken with a camera i am hoping to get later in the year, that or maybe the ASI071 model. I can't recall ever seeing this done like this before and I think the result is great. For 30sec subs it is very good, i tend to stick around this time myself as I had a mass of problems guiding and in the end gave up for the time being. I have a new camera now and hope to have another try soon, albeit with the Canon 40D.

Archived