Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW heritage 130p mods

Sky-searcher

Added a couple extras to my scope. New red dot finder & finder scope. Collimation screws for the secondary & flocked the tube. Awaiting a tripod to arrive to make a base for the dobsonion mount. Need the high winds & clouds to disappear so I can have a play! ?

4A068E24-CAAA-4779-8421-6F4C8E6B73E6.jpeg

9642F6EB-705D-48A4-876A-1DD9A631442E.jpeg

CC662B56-5B6F-4366-83A3-CA4159ABA27C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Hi @Sky-searcher and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Very impressive!

Out of interest the 'Vixen' type dovetail does fit some photo/video tripod ballhead saddle plates. 

Thanks Phillip, have a photo tripod & a Baader dovetail attachment, but get vibration when in a breeze. I like the dobsonion mount & a old az GoTo tripod with a wooden top to sit the scope on I think will work well. I will get a tripod like AZ4 or Vixen porta at some point, but the budget won’t stretch at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, DavidJM said:

Which red dot finder did you purchase? I'm looking for a new one for my Skymax, the mount point is quite far to rear so the finderscope gets in my way

Hi David, it’s a opticstar multi recticule RDF. Several other market the same item at different prices. You can select red or green dot & 4 different target shapes. Got it as used part & not used it in anger yet, but seems good!

3 minutes ago, Sky-searcher said:

Hi David, it’s a opticstar multi recticule RDF. Several other market the same item at different prices. You can select red or green dot & 4 different target shapes. Got it as used part & not used it in anger yet, but seems good!

Cheers sky searcher, I'll have a look at that one

42 minutes ago, Eastman said:

Great upgrade on a already very nice great little dob!

I'm a big fan of the heritage 130P.

Thank you, enjoying the scope. Bought my 6yr old son a scope for Xmas & the bug bit me. Got the heritage a couple of weeks later as a present to myself ? can’t fault it. Compact for storage. Great views from quality mirrors in a beginners scope! Got BST Ed lens’s 5,12 & 18mm Olivan ( starguider) & they work well with the scope. No need to buy a big, heavy & clumbersome scope when this does the job very well.

4 minutes ago, Sky-searcher said:

Got the heritage a couple of weeks later as a present to myself ? can’t fault it.

Best present ever!!! Made a light shroud already? Going to be must easier now the red dot finder is on the back of the scope.

Enjoy and clear skies.

11 minutes ago, Sky-searcher said:

Thank you, enjoying the scope. Bought my 6yr old son a scope for Xmas & the bug bit me. Got the heritage a couple of weeks later as a present to myself ? can’t fault it. Compact for storage. Great views from quality mirrors in a beginners scope! Got BST Ed lens’s 5,12 & 18mm Olivan ( starguider) & they work well with the scope. No need to buy a big, heavy & clumbersome scope when this does the job very well.

Looks like the start of a beautiful relationship! ? Perfect for enjoying the dark skies of the Isle of Man. Look forward to some observing reports.

1 hour ago, Eastman said:

Best present ever!!! Made a light shroud already? Going to be must easier now the red dot finder is on the back of the scope.

Enjoy and clear skies.

Thanks, made a shroud from a gym mat & works well. Will have a go at doing a shroud to slide inside soon ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2019 at 21:50, Sky-searcher said:

On 15/03/2019 at 21:54, DavidJM said:

Cheers sky searcher, I'll have a look at that one

Yes! they are very good.

I purchased mine from @Knighty2112 in the 'For Sale' section a few weeks ago. They and other brands do come up for sale from time to time. The other brands are sold on a popular auction site and can be purchased for less then £15.00 GBP inc p&p.

I ordered one of each of the bases, (see below), for mine, direct from Opticstar and within +/- 24hours they were delivered.

WO_TypeMount-64x66.jpg.0cddbfe0a1a1e44f1d242cbe0fdc180d.jpg  LegMount-64x69.jpg.f26fc6e643f88507b8bef86ef77361a0.jpg  opticstar_rdf.jpg.7f53bd7096fbdc7d37488ddddcb03ab9.jpg

I just have to decide what base for which 'scope/OTA!

Archived