Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Allinthehead

Horsehead Hargb

Hi all. It's been a while since i managed to get any data together for an image and i first started on this about 6 weeks ago so i was delighted to get some more recently. I first thought i could get about 20 hours but the weather fixed that and i've decided to call this done till next year. 

Ha 11 hrs with my now sold William Optics Star 71

9.5 hrs of questionable quality in 60 and 120 second subs

Takahashi Epsilon 130d

Zwo Asi 071

Richard.

horsehead_9.thumb.jpg.95a021fc7183bbe851a41f95b140b8e9.jpg

horsehead_9.thumb.jpg.7fb68212daa25ad33aade2a54258148e.jpg

Edited by Allinthehead
  • Like 29

Hi

Very nice indeed :)

A excellent job of keeping alnitak trouble free - I have tried with my tak 180 and got all sorts of horrible stuff going on

again good stuff

Harry

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, harry page said:

Hi

Very nice indeed :)

A excellent job of keeping alnitak trouble free - I have tried with my tak 180 and got all sorts of horrible stuff going on

again good stuff

Harry

Hi Harry thanks. I actually tried to get some luminance data with my Asi 1600 and Alnitak caused serious issues. I could see some weird reflection of the spider vanes and a very large halo. Nothing in this game is easy.

17 minutes ago, Seanelly said:

This is inspiring.

Thanks Seanelly. 

You have a very good image there Richard and we all identify with your frsutrations over weather and technicalities.  A rotated version would look even better . . .

Superb image of this region.?

4 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

You have a very good image there Richard and we all identify with your frsutrations over weather and technicalities.  A rotated version would look even better . . .

Has anybody ever had the nerve to post a shot of B33 upside down?  Is it the only DSO that has a ‘right way up’?

8 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Thanks Barry. It's hard to justify having such expensive equipment sitting in a cabinet unused for so long. I'm sure the weather will turn and bring renewed enthusiasm.

I did like this orientation as it's how it would be viewed through a scope but no harm in posting a rotated version. 

7 minutes ago, tomato said:

Has anybody ever had the nerve to post a shot of B33 upside down?  Is it the only DSO that has a ‘right way up’?

Thanks. I did post an image on astrobin of the high signal area around Alnitak while waiting to get more data that was upside down.

1304213863_Horsemad-Recoveredcopy2.thumb.jpg.6410c265a811aaa1f3d4363c30c1932f.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, carastro said:

Fabulous image, well done.

Carole 

Thanks Carole. Appreciate the feedback.

V nice. one of my fav targets done really well.

Very nice image, not pushed to far in processing. Looks very natural, I like this a lot. 

Pieter 

Edited by pietervdv

Very nice Richard. Great FOV, and your stars are as usual impeccable 

12 hours ago, simmo39 said:

V nice. one of my fav targets done really well.

Thanks Simmo. One of my favorites too.

5 hours ago, pietervdv said:

Very nice image, not pushed to far in processing. Looks very natural, I like this a lot. 

Pieter 

Thank you Pieter. 

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice Richard. Great FOV, and your stars are as usual impeccable 

Thanks Adam. Glad you like the stars. I tend to do a number of versions of the image. One concentrating solely on the darker areas, then the brighter areas paying attention to the stars and then blend as layers in PS to taste. 

• Like 1

This looks like it should be on the cover of an astronomy book. :) , good one, Richard.

8 hours ago, AstroAndy said:

This looks like it should be on the cover of an astronomy book. :) , good one, Richard.

Thanks Andy. That's nice of you to say.

Now that's what i call dusty! I really like the separation you've managed to isolate in the dust below the HH itself. 

This is one of those objects that you get used to seeing in the same orientation all the time. So i'm automatically conditioned to like the landscape version, but for some reason that my brain can't quite fathom, i find myself being strangely drawn to the portrait version. 

Excellent work as always Richard ?

Edited by Xiga

Lovely image Richard, very nice fov and I like the way you have handled the stars.

18 hours ago, Xiga said:

i find myself being strangely drawn to the portrait version. 

Excellent work as always Richard ?

Thanks Ciarán. Me too, i didn't intend on presenting it like that but when i rotated it in PS i quite liked it.

17 hours ago, des anderson said:

A lovely balanced set of images. Des

8 hours ago, jed2i said:

That is a great image!

7 hours ago, MartinB said:

Lovely image Richard, very nice fov and I like the way you have handled the stars.

Thanks Guys. Glad you like it and i appreciate you taking the time to comment.