SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mounts

KAYCE

I am thinking of trying to upgrade the mount on my Skywatcher 127 telescope,Is it possible to buy a GoTo mount for my scope?

this would save me from buying a newTelescope with a GoTo mount,or would the best bet to sell my scope and purchase a new scope.

I am looking for the advice from learned friends. Thanks. Ken.

11 minutes ago, KAYCE said:

I am thinking of trying to upgrade the mount on my Skywatcher 127 telescope,Is it possible to buy a GoTo mount for my scope?

this would save me from buying a newTelescope with a GoTo mount,or would the best bet to sell my scope and purchase a new scope.

I am looking for the advice from learned friends. Thanks. Ken.

If you’re happy with the scope then yes, absolutely you can upgrade your mount and keep the scope you have.  What you upgrade it to will really depend on budget and what you wnat to do afterwards .  If you’re wanting to get into imaging then you’ll need an EQ (equatorial) mount, or if you are happy with visual and just want to add the GoTo something like the AZ-GTi would work well.  FLO have a good range of options (other suppliers are available).

It is skywatcher 127  the Handset is the basic one I have to get to the object by up or down slewing,

just using numbers 1/2/3/4/5. will depend on the cost I suppose of a new mount.  thanks.

39 minutes ago, KAYCE said:

I assume you refer to the 127mm Maksutov. Even if it's something else, you could probably fit it on the  Synscan alt-az normally bundled with the 127mm Mak,  a similar but slightly heavier Sysnscan alt-az Goto also bundled with the 150mm Star Discovery Newtonian,  an EQ3-2 Synscan mount, an EQ5 Pro Synscan, an AZ-EQ5, and so on... All adapt with the same Vizen 43mm dovetail, so you can fit your scope on whatever mount you like.

An advantage of upgrading is that some of these mounts will be far more rigid than what you've got, and suitable for trying some imaging.

3 minutes ago, KAYCE said:

It is skywatcher 127  the Handset is the basic one I have to get to the object by up or down slewing,

just using numbers 1/2/3/4/5. will depend on the cost I suppose of a new mount.  thanks.

This is not clear. Can you post a link to it on a dealer's page? If you mean the powered but non-GoTo Syntrek (?) I think you just have to buy the Synscan handset, from £70 upwards.

26 minutes ago, KAYCE said:

If you have the basic SupaTrak mount then you can upgrade to goto by purchasing a Synscan handset and cable.

Archived