Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon near the terminator Wednesday 13/03/19

Lurcher

Hi All,

Finally got out and did a bit of sketching again. (Also just been catching up on other brilliant sketches on here this morning).

I did a couple of my usual rough-and-ready sketches which I then tinted on the computer. (I quite liked the result of the tint! I might do that again, or use a coloured pencil next time).

I'm not sure of any crater names I'm afraid. I'm going to have a look at a moon map later and see if I can identify them). I know there were near the terminator on Wednesday evening the 13th March.

Cheers all.

Martin.

ScanItem.jpg

ScanItem-001.jpg

Martin,

Nice sketches there, have a go at Naming the craters and labelling them with date/time/ phase/mag etc.  I started to do this a few months back and they really do look great when you have a nice bunch of them in a folder. (If you like that sort of thing)?

Mark

16 hours ago, mark81 said:

Nice sketches there, have a go at Naming the craters and labelling them with date/time/ phase/mag etc.

Thanks Mark. What you're doing there though is finding the great holes in my knowledge of what I'm looking at!  - I think it was a six day old moon on Wednesday? I recorded the date and time, (cropped out of the images), but I thought it would be fairly simple to identify what I was looking at afterwards, but I'm struggling! I'll try to identify them confidently over the weekend, but I spent 30 minutes trying yesterday without that final certainty.

But you're right I am definitely lacking on the information front. 

I found them!

Sorry, this is going to be far more important to me than anyone else, but I was so pleased to be able to match my sketches up to a moon and photos.

Here's my annotated version of my sketches now sowing the crater names.

ScanItem-003.jpg

ScanItem-002.jpg

11 hours ago, Lurcher said:

I found them!

Sorry, this is going to be far more important to me than anyone else, but I was so pleased to be able to match my sketches up to a moon and photos.

Here's my annotated version of my sketches now sowing the crater names.

ScanItem-003.jpg

ScanItem-002.jpg

Great sketches. Noting what the craters were will be beneficial in the future. I sometimes get tied in knots trying to work out what I was looking at on the moon. Sometimes I have to check out the sketches or even sneak into the imaging section ? to find a picture to help work it out.

9 hours ago, Paz said:

I sometimes get tied in knots trying to work out what I was looking at on the moon.

Thanks Paz. - And I'm so glad it's not just me. I thought the areas I'd chosen would be quite easy to identify, but it took me quite a while to find them.

Archived