Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSO Planner Question.

Hello folks. 

(Probably one for Alex, DSO dev)

I have recently downloaded the GCVS4 catalog and have imported it into DSO Planner as a user database.  (As per Alex's guidance on a previous post). I can see the database listed and a long press lists its contents.  However, when I attempt to use 'Object Selection' and set this database as my source I am not getting any results listed after pressing 'update'.  I can successfully build a list from the other Star catalogs that came pre-installed.  Using DSO Planner Plus. 

Cheers

I guess I'm the best person at the moment to troubleshoot that with you :)
Just tried it on my Note4. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Here is my Object Selection screen. The top portion is all you may need to tweak to resolve. See if something is different on your's:

spacer.png

Most importantly, make sure the Object Types has all of them listed. I believe you will need only the "Custom" option checked as that's the custom objects database, but having them all checked does no harm (and also just a single tap at the top of the Object Types list).

Also, keep in mind that for stellar objects (having no a/b dimensions in the database as all DSOs do) the Blackwell visibility model doesn't work well. So instead I would probably change the Filter type (under the "Primary search parameters") from "Visibility..." to "Max magnitude...". But for me, it works just like that and selecting 15k variables (the maximum allowed for selection). To test it's working, limit the search by, for example, limiting the min altitude to 80 degrees (I'm getting 2898 stars for 4 hours with my z12 scope):

spacer.png

Hope that helps.

Archived