Narrowband

Another Kielder Star Camp

Kielder star camp, as you'd expect, was a little damp again this Spring. It did however provide a few nights of imaging bliss :) 

After a short discussion three of us set off for the old Railway viaduct by Kielder Water. One of us being James who has posted some photos already.

Becoming known for my Orion reflection shots I just had to do another ! I quite like how the stars are brighter in the water than they are in the sky :)  Here we have five shots loaded into Sequator.

521852989_Bakethinresevoir.thumb.jpg.9f77ffe48f11826167f1007d25c23385.jpg

Next one up is a photo of James working feverishly on his timelapse. Oh the strain of it all !

James.thumb.jpg.a739303fdc575aa401ab84baa4fce2ed.jpg

Then we come to the almost but not quite Mosaic ! Unfortunately I forgot a vital bit of gear and had to do the Mosaic freehand. It stared to go off at the end ( Left ) and the stars are a bit stretched to accommodate the ground. Created in Lightroom.

1174232021_Viaductpanosmall.thumb.jpg.29cd888f9da65ae34c7dc9ca343de1e4.jpg

The last image is the central piece of the Mosaic that shows the Zodiacal light reaching up into the sky. We couldn't see it ( Well I couldn't ) with our eyes but there it is ?

1742057600_Zlightsingle-4.thumb.jpg.b66d55ebed04ebd0df10d27be745c08f.jpg

It was great fun and I had the added bonus of great company.

All taken on a Nikon DSLR, Sigma 14mm lens, 25 seconds at ISO 800.

Just to let you know how dark the night was, I couldn't see James or the viaduct wall and I lost our third member, Nick ,completely. The shadows here are stretched quite a bit.

Cheers,

Dave.

I think all three of us missed the Zodiacal light by eye. I even chased it on another night ( And got it ) but this image shows it the best being so wide angle.

See you soon,

Dave.

Lovely images @davew :)

What a fine looking (albeit balding) fellow in the second picture :). It was hard work doing a timelapse. So hard I was able to amble around with a second camera trying to get images of you and Nick whilst you imaged. 

The Orion reflections looked quite amazing to the eye so I'm not surprised they've turned up so well in your image. Just look at the colour of Aldebaran and Betelgeuse in the water...

James

Archived