SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Orion is fading quickly to the west so I decided to finish this pano. Still need the corners, but not any major dust or Ha parts there. 

Canon 1300Da with 50mm f1.8 lens set to f4

I always used ISO1600 and 300sec exposures, cant remember the number of images.

Edited in PixInsight, stitched in Photoshop. 

I hope you will like it :)

received_293522504652663.jpeg

Very nice! I did a poster print (20"x30") of the main body of Orion just to see how it would turn out. My PPI was a bit too low to be blown up that large and examined close up. I think I may have to try for a mosaic like this in the future though. Good work!

Looks great. 

I tried a few shots of Orion with the 50mm 1.8, but had to stop to f5 to have barely acceptable stars, and light pollution covered the lower half. 

Didn't get even close to your result! 

Fabio

5 hours ago, Buzzard75 said:

Very nice! I did a poster print (20"x30") of the main body of Orion just to see how it would turn out. My PPI was a bit too low to be blown up that large and examined close up. I think I may have to try for a mosaic like this in the future though. Good work!

Thanks! Good luck with printing

5 hours ago, FaDG said:

Looks great. 

I tried a few shots of Orion with the 50mm 1.8, but had to stop to f5 to have barely acceptable stars, and light pollution covered the lower half. 

Didn't get even close to your result! 

Fabio

I use it at f4 becouse I will crop the edges anyway due to dithering artifacts :)

LP is not a problem here, but I love using the CLS Astronomik as it is increasing the contrast nicely :)

Archived