Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yes that is frustrating, but unfortunately that a part of the hobby.... if it worked every time and was easy than it wouldn't be a challenge and everyone would be imaging.... I myself was presented with "NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND" on my obsy laptop, than after sorting that out... no USB was recognized.... happens.

Relax, calm down and try again in a night or two...

• Like 1

Hi all less frustrating tonight .🥳

So first night with asiair only a few small issues had a loose power cable to synscan box which I solved after a while, then took a while to focus main camera ,so fairly productive .then decided to go visual on moon Jupiter and Saturn when it decides to poke its head up from behind some trees 🛸🛰.just seen Saturn and rings got a crap pic on phone cant wait to get this setup working properly 🤩😍

20190521_020104.jpg

Edited by Fieldsy
  • Like 1

nil desperandum .

This is the cure all  in two parts :-

1.  According to Douglas Adams, I quote

" 85% of all known worlds in the Galaxy, be they primitive or highly advanced, have invented a drink called jynnan tonnyx, or gee-N'N-T'N-ix, or jinond-o-nicks, or any one of a thousand or more variations on the same phonetic theme. The drinks themselves are not the same, and vary between the Sivolvian 'chinanto/mnigs' which is ordinary water served at slightly above room temperature, and the Gagrakackan 'tzjin-anthony-ks' which kill cows at a hundred paces "

https://www.craftginclub.co.uk/join-freeginspecial?om_campaign=omme_de8a9efc-b34_1816_3101&om_send=72c0b67ce098420495697aefbc72fcf8&utm_campaign=omme_de8a9efc-b34_non_members_free_gin_170519&utm_content=freegin170519&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ometria

Jeremy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all I need to have some clr nights I'm getting so bored and I'm now looking at other stuff I've even put a new camera in to a basket 🤨 , 😭😭😭  need these ☁️☁️☁️ to do one 😡

1 minute ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi all I need to have some clr nights I'm getting so bored and I'm now looking at other stuff I've even put a new camera in to a basket 🤨 , 😭😭😭  need these ☁️☁️☁️ to do one 😡

Its the wrong time of year to be honest. No darkness. I don't do any imaging at all in Jun / July its not worth trying so I have a break. Personally if it was me I would be looking at a small refactor (something like a 60mm F6 or a WO RedCat) to complement the 130PDS as opposed to a new camera. I think that most of your issues will be resolved by gaining more experience. 

Adam  

7 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Its the wrong time of year to be honest. No darkness. I don't do any imaging at all in Jun / July its not worth trying so I have a break. Personally if it was me I would be looking at a small refactor (something like a 60mm F6 or a WO RedCat) to complement the 130PDS as opposed to a new camera. I think that most of your issues will be resolved by gaining more experience. 

Adam  

Would love to buy some exp , but it dont work like that 🥴. I think I've watched as much YouTube tutorials as I can manage and seen a few twice . I do love the 80ed ds pro but as I haven't really used the 130 properly yet I cant justify another scope. Although it dont stop me filling up my flo basket 😈 and hovering the finger over the purchase button .lol

Edited by Fieldsy

second the ed80 route,superb scope,and adam like you ive found out the qhy 5 can be a finicky beast,i have a permanent set up ,but if i get any connection setup problems its always with my qhy5 ii,but when it works which is 99 percent of the time its excellent,dont give up,i sold my first setup for exactly what youre going through, had a 3 year break then set back up again,seemed like major troubles ,but worked my way through them now im good to go when clouds allow it,one major upgrade was a permanent mount with shed and a roll off roof,really does make a massive difference,good luck and dont give in ,it will come second nature very soon👍

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, iwols said:

second the ed80 route,superb scope,and adam like you ive found out the qhy 5 can be a finicky beast,i have a permanent set up ,but if i get any connection setup problems its always with my qhy5 ii,but when it works which is 99 percent of the time its excellent,dont give up,i sold my first setup for exactly what youre going through, had a 3 year break then set back up again,seemed like major troubles ,but worked my way through them now im good to go when clouds allow it,one major upgrade was a permanent mount with shed and a roll off roof,really does make a massive difference,good luck and dont give in ,it will come second nature very soon👍

It's a lot easier to hide another scope/ silver box in the shed than another shed with a roll off roof in the garden 🤣, although I have seen some good bamboo panels .

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 01:24, Fieldsy said:

Omg 🤯 so turns out you have to star align before the asiair willconect with skywatcher eq5.grr ok so take out cams put eyepieces in rough polar align 1 star done 2nd star hit straight away hit enter on handset and get message check day and time.and then get this on handset.

20190516_001953.jpg

Out of all issues you have, this is one you don't! 

After the polar alignment process, recent SynScan versions provide you with the estimated polar error in azimuth and elevation, and can even help you correct them if you don't have polaris view. 

But for now forget that. You can happily live with the 12 arcmins error, so press enter and just go on. 

Thumbs up. 

Fabio

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

As Adam says, it's the wrong time of year. But if we are to get a few clear, albiet hot, nights from tomorrow onwards it's well worth setting up and getting some practice in if your willing to stay up until 1am midweek. Better to use these short twilight nights to get to grips ready for the autumn. M13 is a good shout as it doesn't require long exposures.

• Like 1

So I decided to get the scope out and couldn't believe my eyes when all the clouds cleared and then Ipolar aligned first time perfect then I thought I would get 3 star aligned and would u believe it first time np I then thought long and hard about what to image 🤔🤔 .

Guess what I choose ? That's right more ☁️☁️☁️☁️

20190625_212253.jpg

11 hours ago, Adam J said:

Adam  

Hi Adam I've just been looking at the William optics 61 apo looks like a very nice scope ,you have def sparked my interest in this one 🤩

12 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi Adam I've just been looking at the William optics 61 apo looks like a very nice scope ,you have def sparked my interest in this one 🤩

Yes they are good scopes and with your current camera you would not even need a field flattener. The shorter focal length will greatly increase the number of objects that you can fit in the field of view and make your life much easier locating stuff +it wont need collimation. Its probably more suited to the weight capacity of your EQ5 too as normally for a 130PDS I would recommend a HEQ5pro. Your DSLR will work well with it too for larger targets if you get the flattener and you can then add a better cooled camera if you want further down the line. 

But like I say I think that you need to get some images / experience in with the current camera before thinking about a upgrade.

Adam

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Unfortunately they are all going to have little wait for darkness to arrive 🙂

Anyone with a good western horizon could gave a pop at Mercury while they are waiting. 😀

• Like 1

On 26/06/2019 at 11:37, Adam J said:

Yes they are good scopes and with your current camera you would not even need a field flattener. The shorter focal length will greatly increase the number of objects that you can fit in the field of view and make your life much easier locating stuff +it wont need collimation. Its probably more suited to the weight capacity of your EQ5 too as normally for a 130PDS I would recommend a HEQ5pro. Your DSLR will work well with it too for larger targets if you get the flattener and you can then add a better cooled camera if you want further down the line. 

But like I say I think that you need to get some images / experience in with the current camera before thinking about a upgrade.

Adam

Hi Adam I was just looking at the WO 61 and once you add the price of the flatenar there is only about £80 difference between that and the red cat ,what one do you reckon would be better as a very portable option .