Narrowband

7 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Hmmmmm

How do you go out for an imaging session and forget a camera and mount?. 

I think you are a visual observer trying to break out.

Laptop couldn't find them ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gfamily said:

To be even more chilled, go out and observe naked, aye! 

48 minutes ago, Astro Imp said:

Don't worry Mike, there wouldn't be much to see in the dark.

32 minutes ago, Fieldsy said:

Laptop couldn't find them 

6 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Now there's an SGL calender opportunity for 2020 best avoided!

Could you make it up?

• Haha 1

Get all the comms stuff up and working in the daylight when the rain is lashing down. Your scope, camera and mount don’t know if you are imaging clouds of gas and dust light years away or the satellite dish down the road.

• Like 3

Remember, the first astronomers, and they probably didn't even call themselves that, had only their eyes and mind when they gazed into the night sky.

Look up at the growing moon with the wonder a child feels. See the shape of a constellation in the stars for the first time, as you tell yourself 'Now I see it!'

Wait for a shooting star and think at that very moment, you could be the only human alive to see the end of something billions of years in existence.

I get frustrated too, but even as I walk in to go to work, the last thing I do is look up into the night sky to see what's there.

The sky above us is endless, as is our possibilties learning it. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

Remember, the first astronomers, and they probably didn't even call themselves that, had only their eyes and mind when they gazed into the night sky.

Look up at the growing moon with the wonder a child feels. See the shape of a constellation in the stars for the first time, as you tell yourself 'Now I see it!'

Wait for a shooting star and think at that very moment, you could be the only human alive to see the end of something billions of years in existence.

I get frustrated too, but even as I walk in to go to work, the last thing I do is look up into the night sky to see what's there.

I leave home around 4-30 every morning for work

Stop and look up

This morning had Scorpio, CRUX main features

Had a bit of a storm last night with a nice light and sound show

Lightening dancing around the ranges, around me

This morning, the air was clear and settled, and no dust pollution

https://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-list/crux-constellation/

John

• Like 2

Just getting silly.

So connected it all today in the living room all fine found qhy cam created dark all good . Took it out tonight laptop cant find camera and wouldn't control mount ? so restarted a couple of times change cables and nowt response then clouds decided to roll in ??.so I'm now all packed up and inside having a cuppa.

On 15/03/2019 at 07:01, maw lod qan said:

Beautiful post!

Hi guys a quick update 2nd day on the trot of laptop/qhy/asi/eq5 all loading and registering fine building some dark with both cams ?,so it's looking good now I just need some clear nights ????.

Thanks for all ur help and tips very much appreciated ?

Edited by Fieldsy
  • Like 2

On 18/03/2019 at 23:52, Fieldsy said:

Just getting silly.

So connected it all today in the living room all fine found qhy cam created dark all good . Took it out tonight laptop cant find camera and wouldn't control mount ? so restarted a couple of times change cables and nowt response then clouds decided to roll in ??.so I'm now all packed up and inside having a cuppa.

You are plugging everything into the same usb ports each time, I know it shouldn't matter as it's USB, but in this hobby it's better to always plug each item into the same port.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dinglem said:

You are plugging everything into the same usb ports each time, I know it shouldn't matter as it's USB, but in this hobby it's better to always plug each item into the same port.

Exactly this. 

• Like 2

Even though all my  setup is now clicking into gear, where the hell do we find  stars, planets, or any other astronomical body in this Country. We've had Nowt  but grey skies and pigging drizzle where I live for days on end now. Even my pond fish are sulking. Spring Equinox, let's hope for some gaps in the muck soon.

Sorry guys, but my trigger finger has been itching to fire at Summat, but it Ain't happening.    I  consider myself a patient person, but  It's being tested to the full lately :evil6:.

Ron.

• Haha 1