SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher AZ GTi with ADM Dual Dovetail Adaptor installed

alanjgreen

4 hours ago, JBadger said:

What I did with mine was drill holes for the bolts into a plastic lid from a jar of hot chocolate powder & sandwich that between the two metal parts. This provides the same 'cup' over the exposed bearing and doesn't take up more than a couple of mm of thread on the bolts.

Thank you, that's a great tip and I shall definitely be making this mod for my az gti, very kind of you 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/11/2021 at 12:53, JBadger said:

What I did with mine was drill holes for the bolts into a plastic lid from a jar of hot chocolate powder & sandwich that between the two metal parts. This provides the same 'cup' over the exposed bearing and doesn't take up more than a couple of mm of thread on the bolts.

Can I ask what brand of lid did you use, all the ones I've found seem to have to much height 

16406901599421144309191126767782.jpg

2 minutes ago, JBadger said:

Afraid I can't remember, but I do remember that mine was a little snug at first which I solved by rubbing it on a piece of fine grit emery paper until it would rotate freely.

Yep I'm thinking that's what the white one (just to be ocd and match the mount 😉) of mine will need, just ordered some imperial allen keys as couldn't find mine. I'll fire up the electric sander to adjust the height. Thanks again. 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1