Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PRAKTICA Falcon 8 x 40 mm Binoculars?

Hi.

I'm doing some bicycle touring so I thought why not get some binoculors and put them in the pannier.  I was torn between 10x50 and 8x42 but I'm leaning towards the 8x42 due to the size.

Has anyone tried PRAKTICA Falcon 8 x 40 mm Binoculars?  They are half the price of the Olmpus DPS-I 8X40's.

Are they worth a spin?

I've not tried these binos, but would tend to agree that 8x40 or 8x42 is a much more practical size to take. They are easier to hand hold, aswell as being lighter and smaller.

Have you checked out www.binocularsky.com for some suggestions?

For the price I don't think you can go wrong if you are using them mainly for daytime use.  They have picked up some decent reviews too. 

The extra coatings and better prisms of the Olympus do warrant the price though....?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dave_bowman said:

Hi.

No it will be for night-time viewing.  I'm still mulling over the purchase.

If it's for night-tine viewing then I would go for 10x50s, they are a little bigger and heavier but the extra aperture helps pick out those fainter objects...

Archived