Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

clavius processing, which is best?

wouterdhoye

Hi,

No good weather, moon too low.. So reprocessing some images. Below a couple of versions of Clavius. Which one do you prefer, and why, or why not ?

Images taken with CFF 300 f/20 ASI174 with Baader IR685.

Thanks for having a look.

Wouter.

clavius-1st.jpg

clavius-2nd.jpg

clavius-3th.jpg

Nice images Wouter. I'm going to spoil the consistency in responses... I agree that the middle one is probably the best in terms of clarity of detail; but aesthetically I prefer the first one; the lower overall brightness level and the contrast appeal to me - perhaps because it's reminiscent of some of the Apollo imagery. The bottom one seems overly processed.

Nigel

Thanks everybody for the comments already. Guess I'll give it another go. I personally believe all three have something going for them. Maybe need to find a way of getting the best out of all three in one image.

Wouter.

1 hour ago, wouterdhoye said:

Thanks everybody for the comments already. Guess I'll give it another go. I personally believe all three have something going for them. Maybe need to find a way of getting the best out of all three in one image.

Wouter.

I think you have proved that there is no one 'right' version - fine-tuning an excellent image is always down to personal taste. 

It's a good image ☺ 

3 hours ago, adyj1 said:

I think you have proved that there is no one 'right' version - fine-tuning an excellent image is always down to personal taste. 

It's a good image ☺ 

Aboslutely true... 

I'm not very long into lunar imaging, only a little over a year, so still trying to improve myself and the processing. 

Wouter.

Archived