4mm (M4) Grub screw required

More important....are you getting it sorted out Andrew?

Yes, thanks.

Grub screw arrived today and fits perfectly :8 Cheers so much Boyd.

lets see some pics and an idea of what you need to do...

So here's what I need doing to the adaptor:

10343_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers

Andrew

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me if this has already been suggested Andrew, or you might have thought of it yourself, but could you not gain that distance by releasing the mirror up the tube. There must be at least 15mm leeway on the adjusters to allow you to send it towards the secondary a sufficient amount.

Ron. :hello2:

Forgive me if this has already been suggested Andrew, or you might have thought of it yourself, but could you not gain that distance by releasing the mirror up the tube. There must be at least 15mm leeway on the adjusters to allow you to send it towards the secondary a sufficient amount.

Cheers Ron

I've got it up as high as it'll go. But I could put longer locking bolts on I suppose...

Pretty striaghtforward to do, shouldnt take long at all.

For who? What do you need to do this kind of thing?

Andrew

Andrew, why not drill three different holes in the tube to enable you to move the mirror up about an inch.

It is not a difficult job to do. Put some masking tape longitudinally along the three existing holes, and mark the distance you want to move the mirror. This after removing the cell of course.

Once you have marked the positions. drill the holes with a pilot drill first, about 1 millimetre, then working up to the size required. Refit the cell, and re collimate. I would use a hand drill to do the job, less chance of slipping.

Just an update - I have solved the problem :)

Put the low profile focuser from my 8" on the 16" and the standard Meade focuser on the 8" - the eyepiece now comes to focus on both scopes.

So does the DSLR on the 8". :hello1:

Andrew

Archived