sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Please help.  Last night I dropped the right ascension motor on my Skywatcher eq3-2 and pulled the wires out of the contector.  Is there someone out there that can give me the correct colour sequence.  Thanks dfv

_MG_5502.JPG

6 hours ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

GoTo or non-GoTo?

It is a go to mount.  I got it at All-Star Telescope in Alberta 3 years ago. A retirement gift to myself.  The worst timing ever.  I just found a used Canon 60Da. Thank you for your interest.

Nobody replying? Perhaps these wires cannot be seen without dismantling the mount. Try searching for a Youtube video of how to assemble the GoTo upgrade kit, or failing that the upgrade kit for an EQ5. With a bit of luck that will show the wires in colour.  

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eq3-2+synscan+upgrade

On 06/03/2019 at 00:40, Cosmic Geoff said:

GoTo or non-GoTo?

Thanks for the suggestion.  What I find annoying is that Sky Watcher is ignoring repeated requests.  Has anyone ever got help from them?  Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RCRyan
      Hi there, I've recently jumped fully into the DSO side of astrophotography and have been having trouble with stars that aren't quite round. My last two imaging sessions have produced stars seemingly pointing in different directions across the field of the image. After the first image we collimated the scope and the problem has continued but we think our collimation may still be off.
      I use a SkyWatcher 130PDS with a Canon 6D Mark II and the Baader MPCC Coma Corrector. The problem persists regardless of whether or not the coma corrector is in the imaging train. It also persisted regardless of the exposure time.  I have uploaded processed images which show the problem, but if unprocessed files would be more helpful I can upload them also. The processed images have been cropped slightly. 
      If anyone has suggestions as to what the problem could be I'd really appreciate it.
      Kind Regards,
      Ryan

• By baticles
      Hi all i am wondering if there is someone or a few people that can help me with choosing the right and my first telescope any help would be great full thank you. 
      i intend to use it to look at deep sky objects like nebulas other solar systems if thats even possible and anything else out side of our solar system,
      i also wish to view objects, planets and moons in our solar system,
      i do wish to do some astrophotography in the future so if i can get a telescope that is brilliant at viewing and for photography that would be awesome 
      i have a budget of around £1500 
      the telescopes i have been looking at are these but i am so unsure i need some help with choosing the right one for me, if there is a cheaper option i am all down for that then i can buy some accessories  to go with it, 
      https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/skywatcher-explorer-250pds-neq6-pro-goto-telescope.html
      https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/celestron-nexstar-8-se-telescope.html
      thank you for taking your time to help me out
    • By bottletopbill85
      no idea what I'm doing wrong. can't get a clear view of anything (on earth or not). I've tried both eyepieces and they just won't focus, not even a little bit. photo attached w/ how I attached both eyepieces

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.