Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your biggest regret or mistake?

markclaire50

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Shane said at the start of the thread, no real regrets, life is certainly too short.

If i had to think of something though.......i've wasted a fair bit of money in this hobby, buying and selling

(all for a big loss of course) 3 different German Equatorial mounts, before realising Alt-az is the way for me.

I also remember buying a Tv 21 Ethos at a trade fair, then having to let it go 3 months later as i needed the money urgently at the time.

I wish i still had it sometimes, and now they are over £200+ more to buy as they were back then.

No regret over scopes that i've sold along the way. 

But my next scope will be a keeper : i've promised myself that !!

9 minutes ago, Tubby Bear said:

Like Shane said at the start of the thread, no real regrets, life is certainly too short.

If i had to think of something though.......i've wasted a fair bit of money in this hobby, buying and selling

(all for a big loss of course) 3 different German Equatorial mounts, before realising Alt-az is the way for me.

I also remember buying a Tv 21 Ethos at a trade fair, then having to let it go 3 months later as i needed the money urgently at the time.

I wish i still had it sometimes, and now they are over £200+ more to buy as they were back then.

No regret over scopes that i've sold along the way. 

But my next scope will be a keeper : i've promised myself that !!

I think this is why I'm paranoid about next expenditure. It'll be high and involves heq5 mount plus possible C9.25. The eq is to cover AP of dso and visual observation. I'm hoping the Goto and tracking will take the pain out of using the eq. 

Archived