Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The UK Mini Summer in February! 6 IMAGES! :)

simondodd

So we got pretty lucky last week and I also got lucky in the fact that my setup was working really well at the time! I managed to capture 6 different areas over 4 nights! :) Here are my results. Happy to take plenty of criticism as I know they aren't perfect so all advise is welcome! :) I thikn there may be something wrong with my conversion to jpg process as a lot of the red in the images seems to be missing from them. Still happy for now though :) 

Clear skies!

Bodes&CigarV1.jpg

Horsehead V1.3.jpg

Leo TripletV2.jpg

M42 Orion NebulaV1.1.jpg

Markarians ChainV1.1.jpg

RosetteV1.1.jpg

Lovely set.  Good to see someone had fun getting some nice images during that lovely February summer we had.  I think they're all good. I like the Markarian's chain too and the last one (Rose nebula?). I think there might be more you could pull out the Orion Nebula. There is some nice detail there. 

I'm a bit envious of you actually because I kept seeing all that lovely clear sky in Feb, but for various reasons couldn't get out there to use it. Then this weekend when I went down to Cornwall where I do my astronomy we got storm Freya big time! Duh! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I think I am starting to hit my processing capabilities limits now as I'm just watching YouTube videos and copying things without properly understanding them so I thin kthere is still more to come from these images but it's all a good learning curve!

Most of these had at least an hour but I think M42 was closer 2 3 or 4 hours...

The one I'm not so happy with is the Rosette nebula but I think with some more subs I can get more out of it! :)

Archived