Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Mcrogers1

Mesu 200 Below Horizon Limits

Hello,

I get a below horizon limits message in the Sitech window no matter where my scope is pointed. This prevents the scope from being able to initialize and start tracking and I have disabled using the horizon file under mount parameters. Tried blind tracking and no change.  I can't figure out why I'm getting this error. I used Steve Richard's guide for setup. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike   

go to C:\ProgramData\SiTech\SiTechExe and eliminate all pxp files and files for a new clean new model and park position.

point the scope in the general direction of the position of a known star (even in daylight) and then perform an "offset init"

Stop the scope and then move it with the hand controller to where you want it to be parked and then save this position.

The scope should recognise that it is above the horizon and the new park position.

Edited by Singlin

When doing the "offset init" remember to make sure that you tick the correct box "west or East" depending on where your counter weight is.

Man, tried doing a PointXP run and each cal star it would slew to I would get a alt/dec encoder error and tracking would stop. Hit start again to get tracking but after each slew the error would trip again. Encoders are set to polite. Going to try a few things Lucas told me to do and Dan at Sitech.

Edited by Mcrogers1

double check that you have no cables snagging when  slewing

Thanks, Singlin.  I think I did have a cable snag because sometimes the model runs fine without any errors.  Have to figure out a way to secure them better.

On 06/03/2019 at 12:04, Mcrogers1 said:

Man, tried doing a PointXP run and each cal star it would slew to I would get a alt/dec encoder error and tracking would stop. Hit start again to get tracking but after each slew the error would trip again. Encoders are set to polite. Going to try a few things Lucas told me to do and Dan at Sitech.

Nebula

The Mesu is pretty accurate without a Sky model and a lot of users just do a plate solve, an offset init then get on with there imaging.

Once you have run the PointXP script a few time and you know what to expect it pretty easy.

You do need to generate a horizon file for you site. This only needs to be generated for use by Sitech.exe. You can generate a file for use by your Planitarum software so you can "see" where the scope is in relation to the local horizon. Only the Sitech horizon file is required to run PointXP.

Hope this helps

graham

I have given up on the pxp model as I have quite alot of cone error.

I just do a blind solve and offset init before I start imaging and get good results.