Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

astroavani

The various faces of Mars!

spacer.png
A composition close to the opposition showing the difference of detail between 5 different filters. In some the difference is subtle, in others well evident, important to note that due to dust storm the 685 IR filter seems to be the one that presents greater contrast in the details. Using a color camera, I chose to leave the natural color output with each filter listed, also converted to black and white which is common in such cases.
https://www.astrobin.com/full/393988/B/?nc=user

• Like 22

WOW, superb!!!

I love the comparisons.

• Thanks 1

Amazing presentation, Avani! Great comparison of the different filters and the details each reveals :) 

Reggie

• Thanks 1

Superb images as always Avani, very interesting to see the effect of the different filters on the level of detail visible.

Oh, that is pretty. I agree, the B&W 685 nm image shows the most detail, but I much like the others too, especially their colour versions. Presenting it all in a collage was a good choice. The whole looks very artful. 

Great work!