Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Leeds

g-rex

Decided this year to do a new hobby and having always liked watching things about stars/space etc I've decided to give astronomy a go.

Just won a Skywatcher 130 eq2 on a certain bidding site.

Looking forward to a steep learning curve and bugging you all with my newbie questions ?

Apologies for the next 3 months of cloud. That'll obviously be entirely my doing.

Graeme

1 hour ago, Mr Spock said:

Hi, welcome to SGL :smile: Sadly cloud is the one thing we can't answer questions about!

But clouds are the one thing we all are more than familiar with.

Welcome and hope you enjoy your new hobby.

Thanks for the welcome. Picking it up tomorrow hopefully but I think I've got plenty of reading forums and watching YouTube to keep me going if still cloudy.

Definitely have to try and walk before I can run by the looks of it.

Graeme

Welcome from Land Down Under

You travel the universe in this forum

You should have fun with your new toy, even though only on an EQ2 mount

Unfortunately been cloudy and rain following Cyclone Oma, last couple of weeks

Last saturday night had to defer solar and deep sky viewing with cubs, local scout group, due to extreme weather conditions

Solar viewing

The hard plastic cover has a small detachable cap

It sticky tape baader solar viewing film, underside of hard cover, than able, over the area detachable cap, be able to do solar viewing

Remember to leave off your spotting scope, as to not accidentally view through that 

John 

13 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

Graeme

Welcome from Land Down Under

You travel the universe in this forum

You should have fun with your new toy, even though only on an EQ2 mount

Unfortunately been cloudy and rain following Cyclone Oma, last couple of weeks

Last saturday night had to defer solar and deep sky viewing with cubs, local scout group, due to extreme weather conditions

Solar viewing

The hard plastic cover has a small detachable cap

It sticky tape baader solar viewing film, underside of hard cover, than able, over the area detachable cap, be able to do solar viewing

Remember to leave off your spotting scope, as to not accidentally view through that 

John 

Thanks for that John. Not even thought about solar viewing. Yet more to read up on!

Archived