SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

stellarium problem

steviebee

HI i have tried to install Stellarium on my Dell Latitude E6400 64bit, Windows 10. It has downloaded and installed and I have the desktop icon.

When I try to open it is says 'Your platform does not support minimal required OpenGL 1.2. Please upgrade drivers for graphics card.

Any ideas as to how I can get it to open? TIA.

Hi Martin, I have already done this. My laptop has only recently had Windows 10 installed and it was working fine. Then I had a glich on the puter this morning and now it wont open. I have downloaded Stellarium twice now.

Hello, see the thread below, again related to driver update.. of the graphics card.

Try to upodate the drivers for your graphics card...

Cheers

Martin

I give up now lol! Just got it up and running now it is asking for OpenGL again. My PC died this morning critical error, so I will ask the guy who does my repairs to upgrade the drivers on my laptop so I get stellarium.

Anyway thanks for all your help.

Steve

Good luck steve..

I also had to move to a better / modern laptop, since all the softwares i use are deveoping new futures which need higher performance..

Regards

Martin

Well I don't know what happened there. Just installed my printer on the laptop which was a bit of a struggle and thought I would try to re install Stellarium.

Installed and working fine. It does say (No OpenGL2) now, so perhaps it has installed another version? Not very good with this computermebob stuff lol!

Anyway thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Archived