Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice post-processing in Nebulosity 4

Hi

I’m struggling to get started in Nebulosity 4. I’ve followed the tutorials carefully but am struggling to reveal any Nebulosity in my images with ‘Levels / power stretch’ (again, following the tutorials carefully and using low power, etc). The images I’m trying to process are around 30 x 480 sec subs of the Rosette Nebula and 40 x 120 sec subs of the Pleiades. Both using an FLT110 refractor at F7 and an unmodded Canon 5D3 (I captured RAW + JPEG).

In both sets of subs, I can see nebulosity in the raw subs but it disappears after stacking and power stretching doesn’t reveal anything. If I stack the JPEGs, the nebulosity is there. While capturing, the histogram peaks were around 30-40% for each colour channel. I have plenty of darks, bias, flats, etc.

Any ideas to get me started?

Thanks!

Nick

I used to use Nebulosity all the time for processing, and I still use it for data acquisition.

If you post a raw stack we could perhaps take a look and try it ourselves.

I have found Nebulosity very easy to get to grips with and has produced some pleasing results from my poor attempts at data capture :) 

As an all in one image acquisition/ processing tool I think it’s very good. Agree with AKB - it you can upload your subs somewhere I’m happy to have a play. 

Archived