SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AVX Shuddering

des anderson

Hi people, has any one had this before, my avx mount when it begins it`s alignment,instead of smooth tracking its starts to judder and shudder then just flops down. I`ve carried out a factory reset,no change, swapped over handsets from starsence to ordinary handset still the same. 

The scope is balanced to a whisker, so I `ve been told, the Avx is on a pier [for the last 5 years or so] in an obsy.

Power is supplied by a Tracer battery that`s fully charged, and all connections are firm. any ideas would be welcome. Des

4 hours ago, des anderson said:

,instead of smooth tracking its starts to judder and shudder then just flops down.

I take it you mean when it starts to slew it judders, but don't  know what you mean by flops down.

If your RA is tight the worm may bounce when you start to slew at max rate.

Try setting your maximum slew rate down if you can, then try.

Michael 

Hi Michael, What I mean by it flops down, the mount just slews straight to the floor and dies. Previous to this the scope was acting  normally,I`ve tried it on a slower slewing rate and it still happens as for the battery its quite new. What I mean by flopping down the mount just dies and points to the floor. Des

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:29, des anderson said:

Hi Michael, What I mean by it flops down, the mount just slews straight to the floor and dies. Previous to this the scope was acting  normally,I`ve tried it on a slower slewing rate and it still happens as for the battery its quite new. What I mean by flopping down the mount just dies and points to the floor. Des

Sounds like a power issue to me. Have had an AVX for 5 years. Use to run on a battery and experienced all sorts of weirdness, including the mount diving down to look at the centre of the Earth! Try mains power, though appreciate you will need to purchase a PSU to confirm this. The Baader one from FLO is excellent but not cheap....

Archived