Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Uranium235

Tadpoles HST - 130pds testing

Remarkably, there has been a good run of clear skies which coincided with the nights I havent been working (or too tired...lol) so time to have a tinker with the 130pds being as that will be my main imaging scope for the next few months. Good thing I took it apart as the secondary was filthy, gave that a quick wash before putting it all back together with the milk bottle washer mod.

I knew this might be my only chance at an image for a bit, so I just left everything at 2x2 bin to make the most of limited time and still get an acceptable image. Could do better with more time, but aint that always the case! :) Also there were some stacking and calibration issues so I had to crop a bit of it, I think the OIII data needs its own set of flats (I applied Ha flats to all filters).

130pds, NEQ6, 683WSG

25x450 (Ha), 10x450 (SII_R, Ha_G, OIII_B)

Thanks for looking :)

33366196598_446826f77b_o.jpg

• Like 10

Very nice, Rob.

I had always thought there were two "tadpoles", but you seem to have captured a third one over on the left ...

• Thanks 1