Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

USB Device Servers

dyfiastro

Good afternoon everyone

Been looking into different ways to control the obsy from the new remote warm room.
I am currently using teamviewer but was looking for a way to control everything directly (for better compatibility for streaming etc...).

I have come across these USB Device servers that enable you to connect to remote usb devices over the network.

https://www.bechtle.com/gb/shop/silex-ds-600-usb-superspeed-deviceserver--4076181-01--p

Has anyone used these or had any experiance with them?

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, skybadger said:

What about the ascom remote model ? I am hoping device manufacturers start building the api in at device level now it's released and you can talk to them directly with software like ccdciel

I have looked at ascom remote and for most things this will work fine apart from accessing hardware directly or locally for obs streams etc...

• 1 month later...

I use the Silex units in observatories, they work well.  It reformats the USB traffic to TCP/IP, the USB devices can be seen anywhere on the network, but connected to only one PC at a time.

Alan

Archived