Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Early morning observing has improved.

maw lod qan

Because of our El Nino weather system, evenings have been in the pits. But for several days, early morning has been a much awaited pleasure.

Went out at 3:30 to look at the moon, only to see Jupiter really standing out not far from the moon.

I spent thirty minutes or so, amazed by the detail showing along the terminator. As I watched, small bright diamonds would appear in the darkness as the sunlight illuminated peaks of some still hidden higher terrain.

Unable to resist Jupiter's lure. I had to turn to it. It's four large moon were spread out to each side, shining brilliantly.

It's equatorial bands were visible, but not as clearly as they were this time last year.

Turning to Venus which had finally cleared some trees I'm not willing to part with, I could make out its crescent, even with the thin fog that was starting to set in.

Even Scorpio was visible to the lower right of Luna and Jupiter.

Three planets (including the one I stood one), five moons and the constellation my birth month ties me to, made a good tally.

Really made for an enjoyable morning.

Quapla!!

Archived