SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD2 image flipping

Anthonyexmouth

YES!! I knew I wasnt seeing things! Gave me all sorts of jip before Xmas! It would be guiding fine one minute and then when you look back it was like it was pointing to a complete different part of the sky! So I'd stop it and start looping again and it would be back where it was at the start!

9 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

YES!! I knew I wasnt seeing things! Gave me all sorts of jip before Xmas! It would be guiding fine one minute and then when you look back it was like it was pointing to a complete different part of the sky! So I'd stop it and start looping again and it would be back where it was at the start!

what camera were you using?

I recently used my ASI 120MM guidecam to image an exoplanet's star for several hours using SharpCap, and for several minutes at a time I got what I believe is called Split Frames.

The frames were split vertically, with the right side of the split now on the left, and vice versa.

So not only a PHD2 problem, probably drivers.

Michael 

Archived