Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One Scope and One Scope only!

markclaire50

Ok. I’ve changed my mind.

2nd Home somewhere south and dark with a BIG BIG Dob (and time to spend a week there every new moon)......

Back in the real world of compromises, 20” truss Dob (with 100mm APO Finder).

Building a simple trolly to move my scope from garage to observing spot has revolutionised my observing. My 10” got used because I could just pick it up and carry it in one. The 16” wasn’t getting used. But now i’m Limited to the size of my garage door and fitting the collapsed scope into a car for dark sky tips. ?

Ohh yes , and budget ☹️☹️

Paul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One scope to nearly do it all well enough for me AND to be portable enough to make it usable in almost any situation would have to be a 4" (102) F7 ED doublet refractor. If I had to keep just one of the scopes I currently have, although the Maks are remarkable little scopes, it would have to be the Tal100r - not perfect but good to use  and satisfying to have in an odd sort of way.

Archived