Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Astrosurf

HELP! Guiding problems now!

You're guiding on a dead pixel when PHD autoselected the "star"....  i did same earlier.....

1 hour ago, Astrosurf said:

I'm using PHD1. Why is my Dec a flat line?

Alexxx

Why are you using PHD. You would be better using PHD2 far better supported. Btw are you using dark frames or a bad pixel mask to eliminate the irritable pixel guiding syndrome.

Steve

Edited by sloz1664

I still use PHD1 and find it works just fine, so never bothered to change.  Check in the brain to see if Dec is switched off.  I can't remember the circumstances but it can switch off on odd occasions.

Carole 

I can't use PHD2, I think, because my camera is old and I have enough problems with what I've got! I don't want to upgrade just yet. I did find that Dec had automatically been turned off. Thanks for your replies, all.