Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

who wants to stretch an image!?

Rustang

So I'm struggling with longer  (2min) sub images as they more "washed out" than normal even with a decent LP filter. The final stacked image is very difficult to get any contrast between the sky and the faint objects/nebulousity I'm trying to capture. If i could somehow send my DDS stacked image to someone, would someone take a few minutes to see what they can get out of it for my learning purposes? if yes then whats the best way to get you the DSS image?

17 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

What does the light histogram look like on one of your light frames?

Drop box.

All in the middle, very similar to a flat frame's histogram!. This is a 2min sub with LP filter in a Bortel 6 environment. The way I normally get rid of gradients seems to upset things aswell.

screen grab.jpg

3 hours ago, knobby said:

OK, I'm naff at this stuff but had a quick go, no time to deal with gradients but quick curves several small goes and rgb levels several times, resized for forum and saved as png

HorseyNewStack.png

Thats about where i got but its the gradient that's killing it and my normal process to get rid of it that i got online from the Astro back yard guy isant cutting it! Thanks for having a go. 

Here's what i could could do with your data. I had to crop certain sections out due to a weird ring round the outside.

Stretched with curves and levels. removed as much of the gradient as i could via Gradient Xterminator and AstroFlat Pro. Noise reduction was done with google's nik collection Dfine 2.

HorseyNewStack.png

2 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Here's what i could could do with your data. I had to crop certain sections out due to a weird ring round the outside.

Stretched with curves and levels. removed as much of the gradient as i could via Gradient Xterminator and AstroFlat Pro. Noise reduction was done with google's nik collection Dfine 2.

HorseyNewStack.png

Nice, good to know there's away but much to improve. Thanks for having a go. 

4 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Yes, just flat's and bias, 20 of each I think. Anything you can say for improvement I will welcome it. 

I'd revisit the flats. I suspect that's where the weird ring is coming from. 

And as always, more data will only help the final image. 

6 hours ago, geordie85 said:

I'd revisit the flats. I suspect that's where the weird ring is coming from. 

And as always, more data will only help the final image. 

Ok, I will take a look at re doing some flats, thanks for the advice mate. 

Archived