Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

FLO

iOptron Mounts at FLO

IEQ45 Pro or the new Cem40. The Cem60 has slightly more capacity at 27kg. I'm advised that's the imaging payload  figure. The original eq6 is states at 18kg for imaging,

1 hour ago, blinky said:

Silly question but as somebody who has only ever used skywatcher what's the equivalent version to the eq6? Also I assume these can be controlled from a PC,but I take it you dont use eqmod,is there an ascom driver?

My guess would be the CEM60 as Ioptrons weight claims tend to be a bit on the optimistic side. 

Edited by Lockie

34 minutes ago, Lockie said:

My guess would be the CEM60 as Ioptrons weight claims tend to be a bit on the optimistic side. 

I have found the contrary iOptron would appear to underestimate the capacity, I really loaded my 60 up and it didn't even flinch.

The IEQ45 will be discontinued in favour of the CEM40.

With regards to the Comparison to the EQ6 range, the CEM40 would be the best comparison, but it does come at a lot more dosh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jkulin said:

I have found the contrary iOptron would appear to underestimate the capacity, I really loaded my 60 up and it didn't even flinch.

The IEQ45 will be discontinued in favour of the CEM40.

With regards to the Comparison to the EQ6 range, the CEM40 would be the best comparison, but it does come at a lot more dosh.

Fair enough, I was just going on some iOptron reviews online, putting the lack of capacity down to the tripod with some of their mounts.

But if you own one you are in a better position than me to know what they can do. 

The IEQ45 was certainly one mount that they over estimated. The Centre balance design looks much better and the CEM40 looks beautiful. I hope it does well. 

3 minutes ago, Lockie said:

air enough, I was just going on some iOptron reviews online, putting the lack of capacity down to the tripod with some of their mounts.

To be honest although I had a tripod I never used it as I have a pier, so I can't advise from that perspective.

The centre balance is really quite unique.

For those that asked the iOptrons use Commander, which at first looks quite basic, but I found it very simple to use to get excellent results, when you launch it, it asks how do you want to connect, e.g. RS232/USB or Wi-Fi/Ethernet and then it launches the main program where you can activate various pop up dialogues: -

image.png.4d6597660f51adc1c8356bc002089316.png

Hope that helps?

• Like 2

I wouldn't normally complain about a discount, but isn't it misleading and against regulation to say "Was £1890, Now £1590, Save £300" unless the product has actually been for sale @ £1890 (on the CEM40)

Edited by SamAndrew

16 minutes ago, SamAndrew said:

I wouldn't normally complain about a discount, but isn't it misleading and against regulation to say "Was £1890, Now £1590, Save £300" unless the product has actually been for sale @ £1890 (on the CEM40)

Sorry this was a setup error on our website for these new products - now fixed, thanks for pointing it out.