Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Free magazines

Skywatcher130

I just thought I'd mention this incase it's of use to anyone.  It's certainly the case in Staffordshire and I think in most other counties, that as well as borrowing e-books online through your library,  you can also download for free a huge range of magazines. 

I subscribe to Sky at Night and Astronomy.  You just need your library card number plus a PIN from your library and the RB digital app on your tablet. 

Deb 

18 hours ago, Phillips6549 said:

Neither Birmingham nor Solihull libraries have any Astronomy magazines. ?

Download RB Digital and you're all set.  My local library only stocks a few magazine titles.  Using the library app there's access to magazines for every interest and hobby.  The reader is very good.  It can display content as text only which is great for removing all the eye clutter found  in the paper editions. 

The selection of RB Digital magazines  available to you is dependent on your local library (well, the library you subscribe to, to be precise) - mine only has All About Space. They used to have Sky At Night but dropped it a couple of years ago.

NigelM

22 hours ago, Guest said:

Download RB Digital and you're all set.  

That's actually what I did.  Unless you're into cameras or fashion there are precious few magazines offered in the app when subscribed to a local library.  Nothing astronomical at all.

2 hours ago, cotterless45 said:

Everyone here's afraid of the dark. Wonder they don't start a street and security light magazine,

old Nick.

Not quite correct Nick. Members here aren't afraid of the dark, it's all our neighbours.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived