SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 2362 - Small cluster of stars

N3ptune

Hello! here is a small scene but of a lovely little cluster my friend found and he insisted on renaming it with his own name, hence, the Alex cluster. For me this was my first serious trip in Canis Major and we saw some very unique stuff there starting from Sirius and down.

This sketch is not much but the cluster itself is a nice one with a bright white star in the middle surrounded by many faint stars. After a couple of minutes, I could count about 27 stars in my 8" Newtonian and a bit more then that with my friends 10", more then 35 stars including the averted vision ones. He was using more power then me too, so power and aperture had a notable influence on that one, especially power I think.

my sketch with 8" Newtonian and 18mm eyepiece TOFV about 1 degree.

suEw17D.png

and the little map

4ml2Jaj.png?1

Great little observation.

thanks for watching.

Hi N3ptune! Good to see another sketch by you. It's a nice one too!

It's time for us to set up a committee to determine what would be a reasonable price for the the naming of stars, clusters, asteroids, craters and what's more. We should also design official certificates to go with the names. Could be a gold mine.

Thanks, Nep. It's a great sketch!

On 24/02/2019 at 16:42, Ruud said:

Hi N3ptune! Good to see another sketch by you. It's a nice one too!

It's time for us to set up a committee to determine what would be a reasonable price for the the naming of stars, clusters, asteroids, craters and what's more. We should also design official certificates to go with the names. Could be a gold mine.

Thanks, Nep. It's a great sketch!

Thanks Ruud, my motivation is good these days, to sketch. I found another one small one to sketch tonight if I ever get the motivation to get up.

My friend would be into that obviously, naming objects and releasing certificates lol, Me, I like the NGC names, absolutely no vision, no ambition.

Archived