Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Televue 25mm plossl filter thread.

djpaul

Out late lastnight and decided to use my televue plossls for a change just for lunar viewing .

Anyway thought I'd use a variable filter. 

It fitted on my 32mm and 15mm perfectly.

But the thread on the 25mm is far to big and the filter just slips into the barrel.

Not very good for televue high standards really.

I've owned a lot of Tele Vue plossls (dozens over the years probably). I don't recall a filter thread issue with any of them :dontknow:

By all means get in touch with TV. They may well invite you to return the eyepiece to them, in the USA. If it was bought new they will suggest contacting the vendor in the 1st instance though.

Just a thought, does your diagonal have a filter thread?  If so you could attach it to this instead, as it does not matter where in the focal chain the filter is placed, this will mean you don't have to keep refixing it to different ep's.  The only downside is that if you alter the polarity frequently you will have to keep taking out the diagonal (eyepiece still attached).

I assume you have already tried other filters on your tv plossl?

i have 3 STL filters (ND/O3/UHC) and they work well  for me and attach to most of my ep's but not all and other brands do fit.

hope you get it resolved

6 hours ago, Green12 said:

i have 3 STL filters (ND/O3/UHC) and they work well  for me and attach to most of my ep's but not all and other brands do fit.

hope you get it resolved

It's not a huge issue. 

Besides I did buy it from abs second hand.

Other than the filter thread it works perfectly. 

Just confused that this particular televue plossl must have left the factory without the filter thread being checked. 

Just thought it was worth mentioning. 

22 hours ago, Green12 said:

hope you get it resolved

It's not a huge issue. 

Besides I did buy it from abs second hand.

Other than the filter thread it works perfectly. 

Just confused that this particular televue plossl must have left the factory without the filter thread being checked. 

Just thought it was worth mentioning. 

Okay ......

Problem solved. 

I've just found some celestron colour filters and they fit okay.

So it must be the thread on the skies the limit moon filter.

So I must apologise for the slight rant about televue.. 

Mods. May remove this thread if they like as I don't want to have people put off televues products.

Totally my fault ?

I found that a cheap Revelation barrel extender would not screw onto any of my Ethos. The Televue barrel extension went straight on as did the Baader version.

The common denominator seems to be cheaper items may not screw onto the Televue thread.

1 minute ago, alanjgreen said:

I found that a cheap Revelation barrel extender would not screw onto any of my Ethos. The Televue barrel extension went straight on as did the Baader version.

The common denominator seems to be cheaper items may not screw onto the Televue thread.

Hi

Yes I'm a little embarrassed. 

But what threw me was it fitted my televue 15mm and 32mm plossls.

Just a case of buying a decent variable moon filter.

Probably look to buy a baader one this weekend at P.A.S.

Archived