SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fantastic evening

Andy R

Well I had my first real session tonight, I’ve had two previous attempts using my telescope with varying levels of success. Mostly with the weather being a major factor; ie too windy to focus properly due to bufferting(I live on a exposed hill) or sub zero temps. Anyhow on both occasions my goto never aligned properly after stating it had successfully aligned. Anyhow a bit of research on here I realised we’re not in daylight saving yet d’oh(a common newbie mistake) so my setup was wrong. Anyway I’ve not had the weather for the last two weeks but tonight it all came together and aligned correctly. Ok it was a little bright with the moon, blinding in fact, but the detail of the surface and shadows in the crators beats any binoculars view. Anyhow observed the Orion Nebula and andromeda without too much difficulty tonight and loads of star doubles Rigel castor Polaris to name a few which I’ve never seen before. 

I scooped out a few sites around the Denbigh moors today and can’t wait for darker sky’s. 

So just wanted to say SGL is a great website with fantastic advise and to any newbies not to get too disheartened if things don’t go to plan. 

Thanks all

Andy

Which mount are you using

HEQ5 or 6

To take guess work out of setup, SW now has a WiFi adapter

Plugs in  instead of the SynScan hand controller, and takes guess work out of everything, as loads GPS location, date/time from your mobile device

Download the SynScan APP

John

Screenshot SynScan APP.jpg

20 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

Which mount are you using

Hi john

its a basic nexstar goto mount at the moment. However the HEQ5/6 looks great piece of kit maybe in a year or two I’ll upgrade to a equatorial mount with a new scope. 

I understand  what you mean by the WiFi adaptor thou. I’ve just downloaded the skysafari pro app and that has the same sort of function (I think) just need the WiFi adaptor. 

Alas cloudy tonight and the wind is getting up

Cheers all

Archived